On the side, I have an independent contract with Pride Mobility to do their warranty work in Tulare & Fresno County. As a Field Service Technician, I get to meet a lot of people on a tough Life Journey. Today, I was called to perform a maintenance check on a power wheelchair that was purchased used by the client. It didn't come with a power cord, so I sold him a power cord and agreed to service it in his residence when I delivered the power cord. It turned out to be a training session on how to use his first power chair. I went through the owners manual step-by-step and then I took it out to ensure it worked properly before handing it over to him. As he rode around in the parking lot and tried all the things I suggested to him, he had THE HUGEST SMILE on his face. I was overwhelmed by experiencing such an awesome experience.
As he handed me payment, I thanked him and told him that my real reward was his HUGE SMILE as he rode his new chair.
Some people find freedom from all kinds of "afflictions" - helping people find their smiles keeps me going!!
As he handed me payment, I thanked him and told him that my real reward was his HUGE SMILE as he rode his new chair.
Some people find freedom from all kinds of "afflictions" - helping people find their smiles keeps me going!!


No comments:
Post a Comment